Welcome back, friend! This month’s freebie is Amigurumi related. I recently had an order for a mama who has a daughter on the autism spectrum and needed a stuffy that doesn’t have plastic safety eyes. I struggled and struggled but wouldn’t embroider eyes for the life of me. Eventually, I gave up I stared at my eyeless cow and had an idea…I could use my cricut and MAKE eyes!
I opened my trusty YouTube app and looked at tutorials, then browsed Pinterest for inspiration. I couldn’t find simple eyes to my liking and made my own in design space. So that’s how we got here! I’m going to share the link with you for my project in design space and you are free to use for your own projects! I would appreciate you tagging me in your creations (my links to social are in my navigate bar), but you are free to make and sell.
Some quick tips:
- These eyes are .5, .75, and 1in. Feel free to resize according to your project!
- Use heat n bond to stabilize your felt.
- Change up the colors in design space if you want the crescent to be a different color than the pupils.
- Use different types of iron-on vinyl to change the colors and add cool effects to your eyes. Glitter Or holographic vinyl would add some cool details!
- Change your default pressure setting to “More pressure” if you have issues with cutting your felt.